6.01.2009

Peach Papaya and Mint Smoothie (Gluten Free and Vegan)

I hadn’t planned on posting my breakfast today, as not much thought went into planning it. For breakfast I usually dump a myriad of colorful fruits into my food processor, sometimes with some almond milk, sometimes with some almond butter, and then I chop, grind, pour and drink. Simple huh? This morning I chose only a peach, the remainder of a papaya, almond milk and a handful of fresh mint, which resulted in the most soothing of smoothies.

Peaches and papaya are calming foods which work wonders on one’s mood and digestive system. Papayas have a specific enzyme known to enhance digestion. It is even available as a supplement, but why swallow a pill when you could indulge in this decadent, nutritious smoothie?

Peach Papaya Smoothie (Gluten Free and Vegan)
Makes 1 smoothie

1 small peach, washed and pitted
¾-1c chopped papaya
¾-1c almond milk
1 handful of fresh mind (washed)

Combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until desired consistency is reached. I tend to like my smoothies on the thicker side, almost where I have to eat them with a spoon. If you prefer a more drinkable smoothie, use more almond milk according to your preference.

**Some of my photography and crafts are now available on my Etsy.**

3 comments:

Maya said...

i love this recipe!! so beautiful.

xoxo
maya

nourishing mornings said...

this looks so fresh and summery. beautiful! i must make this. and by the way i love your blog. :)

<3
Eliza

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

What an interesting combination!